For over 20 years, Gorilla has been devising, creating, and implementing end-to-end ecommerce solutions. We’re a client-driven culture, looking for resourceful, motivated, and talented individuals to help us exceed our client’s expectations at every turn. We offer a challenging and rewarding environment where you’ll have the opportunity to work with leading brands, collaborate with some of the brightest people in the industry, and share in our mutual success. This includes profit-sharing and benefits that are so competitive they may challenge you to a race.
Gorilla is seeking a full-time PHP Developer to join our development team in Kiev. This individual will work with the Gorilla team on new e-commerce projects, from initial business development and discovery phases through implementation and deployment of the completed project.
- Work with the Gorilla team on new e-commerce projects, from initial business development and discovery phases through implementation and deployment of the completed project.
- Install and configure the Magento e-commerce platform for new projects.
- Create custom e-commerce modules or other new functionality using object-oriented PHP and the Magento APIs.
- Configure and maintain Linux-based web servers optimized for the e-commerce platform.
- Work with Gorilla’s designers to implement custom skins and templates for the front-end.
- Understand and effectively communicate e-commerce features and limitations with regard to design and development decisions on new projects.
- Help manage the design and development process, drive decisions, and coordinate efforts with fellow Gorillas.
- Significant PHP experience, including experience building object-oriented websites in PHP5.
- Familiarity with the Model-View-Controller (MVC) architectural pattern, and previous experience developing web applications using this pattern or on existing MVC frameworks
- Solid experience interacting with MySQL database systems through abstraction layer (in addition to the ability to write raw SQL queries).
- Solid experience using PHP to create and consume web services (SOAP, XML-RPC) and/or other experience implementing data integrations within the platform.
- Experience using Linux to maintain and configure Apache/MySQL web servers. Additional Linux command line skills also a plus.
- Strong people and project management skills. Must be able to function as a project leader as well as an individual contributor.
- A keen interest in emerging technologies and how they might impact future design decisions and strategic directions.